- Day 1
Drive to Kaziranga - Relax in the lap of Nature - Overnight stay at Kaziranga - 220 km
- Day 2
Jungle Safari & Ride to Bomdila - Overnight stay at Bomdila - 230 km
- Day 3
Journey to the breathtaking Sela Pass (4170 m) - Reach Tawang - Overnight stay at Tawang - 177 km
- Day 4
Tawang Monastery - Buddha Statue - Chagzam Hanging Bridge - Overnight stay at Tawang
- Day 5
Ride through Bum La Pass - Sangetser Lake - Indo-China Border - Overnight at Tawang - 100 km
- Day 6
Visit Jung Falls - Ride back to Dirang - Overnight stay at Dirang - 135 km
- Day 7
Ride to Guwahati - Overnight stay at Guwahati - 315 km
- Day 8
Depart back to home with amazing trip memories
- 20th March – 27th March
- 02nd April – 09th April
- 17th April – 24th April
- 01st May – 08th May
- 02nd October – 09th October
- 16th October – 23rd October
- 13th November – 20th November
- 27th November – 04th December
|Departure Location||Departure Time||Trip Duration|
|Guwahati||10:00 AM||7 Nights/8 Days|
Day 1: Drive from Guwahati to Kaziranga (220 km)
- Arrival in Guwahati by 9:00 am
- Meeting the Team Captain
- Transfer to Kaziranga National Park a tiger reserve and also famous for UNESCO world heritage site.
- Check in to the camps.
- Evening at leisure.
- Bonfire, Dinner and overnight stay in camps.
Day 2: Jungle Safari - Drive to Bomdila (230 km)
- Early morning wake-up followed by breakfast.
- Jungle Safari.
- Check out from the camp and leave for Bomdila.
- Check into the hotel.
- Overnight stay at Bomdila.
Day 3: Thrilling Ride from Bomdila to Tawang via Sela Pass (177 km)
- After breakfast check out from the hotel.
- Visit Gontse Rabgyaling Monastery (Upper Gompa) and Thub Chog Gatsel Ling Monastery (Lower Gompa)
- Depart for Tawang. This ride will be a test of your skills as you cross the treacherous and also the most breathtaking Pass of this journey – The Sela Pass.
- On the way, we will witness the Sela Lake as well.
- Check-in to the hotel
- Dinner and Overnight Stay at the Hotel
Day 4: Explore Tawang – Largest monastery in India & War Memorial
- After breakfast, depart to explore the town of Tawang.
- Visit to Tawang Monastery, Largest monastery in India
- Visit Buddha Statue & then Chagzam Hanging Bridge.
- Evening is free for leisure
- Overnight Stay in Hotel
Day 5: Tawang to Bumla Pass & Sangetsar Lake (100 km)
- Post breakfast, depart for an excursion for Bum la Pass
- On the way visit to Sangetsar Lake which is also known as Madhuri Lake
- Reach Bumla Pass, Border on India and China
- Visit to Penga Teng Tso lake
- Drive back to hotel in Evening
- Overnight stay in Hotel
Day 6: Tawang to Dirang (135 km)
- Post Breakfast Depart for Dirang
- On the way stop by to catch a view of the mystic Jung Falls.
- Check into the Hotel
- Visit Dirang Monastery
- Overnight stay at Dirang
Day 7: Dirang to Guwahati (315 km)
- Early Breakfast
- Depart to Guwahati
- Check into Hotel
- Overnight Stay
Day 8: Departure
- Leave for Airport
- Depart with lots of trips memories.
NOTE: Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of participants etc. May cause itinerary change. We reserve the rights to change any schedule in the interest of safety, comfort and general wellbeing.
Note: All the riders are required to wear a riding jacket(won’t be provided by us) at all the times they are riding the bike, else won’t be allowed to ride the bike.
- Bike Rent for 7 days, Helmet, Riding Gears & Fuel Expense. (for biking option)
- Entire travel as per itinerary
- Stay for 7 nights in hotels on triple sharing basis
- A total of 14 meals – (07 Dinners + 07 Breakfasts)
- All inner line permits for the trip
- Driver night charges, toll tax, parking charges etc.
- Team captain throughout the trip
- An oxygen cylinder 24×7 in the cab in case of an emergency
- GST (5%) is applicable extra.
- Any kind of food and beverages that is not included in the package like alcohol drinks, mineral water, meals/refreshment/lunches on the highway.
- Any personal expense like tip to the drivers, entry to the monuments. monasteries, camera/video camera charges, camel safari, laundry, telephone bills, tips etc.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks etc. (to be borne by the customer on the spot)
- Any damage to the bike except engine damage has to be borne by the client
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion.
Note: INR 10,000/- needs to be submitted as security for the bike before the start of the trip. Any damage to the bike, except engine damage, has to be borne directly by the client.
Tawang trip with wanderon Recently i visited tawang with Wanderon, and it turned out to be the best trip of my life till date. I do have visited other places with Wanderon, but visiting tawang with wanderon was my best decision. Madhuri lake, Tawang monastery(asia's biggest monastery), and Sela pass was my favourite spots for this trip.
Wanderon's Stays in every locations were awesome, i must say they choose the best property of that area to stay. The overall trip was Perfectly planned and executed without any break in between the whole trip, and the Sandy bhai Best team captains to travel with cooperative and... Read More
Tawang bike trip with wanderon I am Prem from bangalore.
I had been to TAWANG with wanderon.
It was a 8 day tour and we opted for bike expedition. Our captain was Sandy (Sandeep) who took care of us very well.
Tawang is such a beauty and it is still unexplored. The ride in the hills was something adventurous. It's been a week since i came back from tawang but i still cannot forget the memories.
You can see lot of videos on Tawang but the real beauty can only be captured only through your eyes.
Thank you wanderon for wonderfully organising
Tawang trip with WanderOn I had one of the best trips of my life - Tawang, and it couldn't have been possible without WanderOn. I booked 2 days before the trip despite that everything was so smooth, never encountered a problem , the team ensured all bookings even though i joined last minute. Arunachal Pradesh is a breathtaking place and wander on did make sure to have the perfect itinerary in place. The Captain, Sandy, made sure everyone was comfortable and having fun. Before joining the trip I did have a lot of anxiety, since I was going solo but all the people on... Read More
Tawang Bike Trip I choosed WanderOn for our TAWANG BIKE TRIP. Our 8 days trip was managed so well by our captain Sandeep by enquiring about climate conditions and deciding which route to take and if bike ride is feasible. We got best accommodation with good view almost all days. We managed to ride 1200kms without any issues even though it’s not our own bikes.
Coming to the place TAWANG is really a heaven which is still unexplored. If you wish to have a peaceful trip without more tourist crowd then this is the place.
Overall great experience with WanderOn and will surely be... Read More
Inner Line Permit is required for entry to Arunachal Pradesh. Please send us 2 passport size photographs in original along with Xerox copy of Photo identity proof (Passport/Voter ID) & Address proof. We require at least 10 working days for processing the documents (ILP office remains closed on Saturday & Sunday).
No Refund shall be made with respect to the initial booking amount for any cancellations. However
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In the case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
Things to Carry
Gear and Extra:
• A rucksack bag and a day pack.
• 3-liter water bladder or water bottle
• A sun cap and a woolen cap
• UV protected sunglasses
• At least 1 pair of inner thermals
• One cotton long sleeves and 2 short sleeve t-shirt
• 1 flees jacket
• 1 heavy Thick jacket/down jacket
• 1 pair of gloves
• At least 2 long pants (trek pants and cargo pants are favorable)
• 4 sets of undergarments
• 2 pair of socks
• A small towel
• A rain jacket or a poncho
• Above-the-ankle waterproof and breathable hiking boots with good grip
• Flip flops/sandals
• One strip of Diamox
• Glucose powder
• medicines for headaches, diarrhea, motion and altitude sickness
• Sprain relief spray
• Crepe bandage
• Any personal medication advised by the doctor
Personal & accessories:
• Toothpaste, toothbrush
• Paper soap, or sanitizer
• Sunscreen minimum of spf40 , lip balm, cold creams
• Body spray
• Led torch light
Tawang is an unexplored paradise. Located in the western part of Arunachal Pradesh at a height of about 3500 m above the sea level, the place is both historically and naturally endowed. Because of its remote location, travelling to Tawang is often perceived as difficult to some. But, it is one of the most beautiful places of the north-eastern Himalayas. Surrounded by the Tibet in the northern part, Bhutan in the Southwest and the Sela ranges in the east, the place can boast of the natural beauty of glacial lakes as well as the snow-covered peaks.
Home to the famous Tawang Monastery, this beautiful destination nestled between the Chinese and Bhutanese bordershas some of the most scenic lakes and landscapes all around it. Apart from the Tawang Monastery, the four-hundred years old Urgelling Monastery is a great find and so are the Brahmadung Nunnery, fondly referred to as the Anni Gompa by the locals, and the Tawang War Memorial which is dedicated to our soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice during the Chinese aggression of 1962.