- Day 1
Guwahati Arrival | Umiam Lake | Overnight at Shillong
- Day 2
Laithlum Grand Canyon | Shillong to Cherrapunjee
- Day 3
Double Decker Bridge | Mawsami Caves
- Day 4
Nohkalikai Waterfall | Mawlynnong Village | Overnight at Shnongpdeng
- Day 5
Water Sports | Krang Suri Waterfall | Overnight at Shillong
- Day 6
- 13th February – 18th February
- 27th February – 04th March
|Departure Location||Departure Time||Trip Duration|
|Guwahati||12:00 PM||5 Nights/6 Days|
Day 1: Guwahati Arrival | Umiam Lake | Overnight at Shillong
- Arrive at Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport by morning.
- Post breakfast, depart for Shillong.
- Reach Shillong, check in to the hotel & freshen up.
- Post lunch visit Umiam Lake & then head to Shillong market for some shopping.
- Come back to the hotel by evening.
- Overnight stay at Shillong.
Day 2: Laithlum Grand Canyon | Shillong to Cherrapunjee
- Wake up lazy morning and enjoy your breakfast with a view.
- Check out and depart for Laithlum Grand Canyon.
- Spend your time awestruck by the amazing beauty.
- Post lunch depart for Cherrapunjee.
- Reach Cherrapunjee & check in to the resort.
- Dinner & sleep overnight.
Day 3: Double Decker Bridge | Mawsami Caves
- Post breakfast, depart for Tyrna Village.
- Raech Tyrna & start your trek to the astonishing Double Decker Bridge.
- Trek back to Tyrna Village & start your journey to Cherrapunjee.
- On the way visit Mawsami Caves.
- Reach Cherrapunjee.
- Overnight stay at Cherrapunjee.
Day 4: Nohkalikai Waterfall | Mawlynnong Village | Overnight at Shnongpdeng
- Post breakfast, visit Nohkalikai Waterfall.
- Transfer to Mawlynnong Village.
- Later transfer to Shnongpdeng Village.
- Arrive at Shnongpdeng & check in to the camps.
- Overnight stay at Shnongpdeng.
Day 5: Water Sports | Krang Suri Waterfall | Overnight at Shillong
- Enjoy your breakfast with a sight of crystal clear water of the river.
- Enjoy various water sports activities.
- Have your lunch and transfer to Shillong.
- On the way visit Krang Suri Waterfall.
- Reach Shillong & explore the local market.
- Overnight stay at Shillong.
Day 6: Departure
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast.
- Depart for Guwahati Airport.
- Reach your home with a suitcase full of memories.
NOTE: Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of participants etc. May cause itinerary change. We reserve the rights to change any schedule in the interest of safety, comfort and general wellbeing.
Note: All the riders are required to wear a riding jacket(won’t be provided by us) at all the times they are riding the bike, else won’t be allowed to ride the bike.
- Entire travel as per the itinerary(by tempo traveler) for backpacking.option.
- Bike rent for 5 days & fuel as per the itinerary for biking option.
- 5 nights accommodation – 2 Nights in Hotel at Cherrapunjee, 1 Night in Camps at Shnongpdeng & 2 Nights in Hotel at Shillong on triple sharing basis
- 6 meals – Breakfast on Day2, Day3, Day4, Day 5 & Day 6 + Dinner on Day 4
- Entry fees to the sightseeing places mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guided trek to various points.
- Team Captain throughout the trip
- Medical Kit to handle emergency conditions
- Driver night charges, toll & parking charges
- All inner line permits
- GST (5%) is applicable extra.
- Any other food or beverage charges that are not included in the package.
- Any other costing involved due to any kind of natural calamity, forced circumstances, which are out of our control.
- Any other expense not mentioned in the inclusion column.
Note: INR 10,000/- needs to be submitted as security for the bike before the start of the trip. Any damage to the bike, except engine damage, has to be borne directly by the client.
Meghalaya Backpack Trip - An experience I had opted Meghalaya package in November 2019. An experience to cherish and remember for ever. They have planned the sights to visit, quite well for 6 days. Went there solo and met amazing people in the group. It was definitely fun with the whole lot.
Meghalaya is not yet commercialized at the moment and we see a decent crowd. The nature by itself is soothing and you get to do water activities in crystal clear water during this time. The culture and people are something that you must see and explore.
If you're traveling solo, WanderOn is the best and... Read More
Wanderon your true buddy Wanderon is worth the rating you see everywhere.
I’ve been to Meghalaya with Wanderon and it became one of the best trips I’ve toured in my life
I always say more than the place the company you have matters ..... so if Meghalaya was a 10/10 place WanderOn made it a 15/10 with their amazing customer service.
One amazing fact is they are pretty flexible to take you to new places other than itenary , we were the first group which went to Wai Sawdong falls , which we asked for and it was truly a great gesture by Wanderon to accommodate that... Read More
Meghalaya trip - Amazing I completed my first solo trip with Wanderon last month for Meghalaya and it was quite amazing. The quality of stay, properties & most important our group captain's "Sandy" cool , supportive & friendly company was icing on the cake. He is quite an experienced traveller, plays guitar & sings song very well. We had great jamming sessions with him during the trip. It was a memorable experience travelling with Wanderon. I highly recommend them for your future group travels
No Refund shall be made with respect to the initial booking amount for any cancellations. However
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In the case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
Things to Carry
Gear and Extra:
• A rucksack bag and a day pack.
• 3-liter water bladder or water bottle
• A sun cap and a woolen cap
• UV protected sunglasses
• At least 1 pair of inner thermals
• One cotton long sleeves and 2 short sleeve t-shirt
• 1 flees jacket
• 1 heavy Thick jacket/down jacket
• 1 pair of gloves
• At least 2 long pants (trek pants and cargo pants are favorable)
• 4 sets of undergarments
• 2 pair of socks
• A small towel
• A rain jacket or a poncho
• Above-the-ankle waterproof and breathable hiking boots with good grip
• Flip flops/sandals
• One strip of Diamox
• Glucose powder
• medicines for headaches, diarrhea, motion and altitude sickness
• Sprain relief spray
• Crepe bandage
• Any personal medication advised by the doctor
Personal & accessories:
• Toothpaste, toothbrush
• Paper soap, or sanitizer
• Sunscreen minimum of spf40 , lip balm, cold creams
• Body spray
• Led torch light
Meghalaya- A Potpourri of Beauty & Culture
Richness of Culture
Most Scenic Villages of Asia
Explore With WanderOn
So don’t just sit there thinking because we can already hear the abode of clouds calling! Join WanderOn’s next Meghalaya batch and become a part of India’s coolest travel community!