- 22nd May – 26th May
- 05th June – 09th June
- 19th June – 23rd June
- 03rd July – 07th July
- 20th July – 24th July
- 14th August – 18th August
- 31st August – 04th September
- 14th September – 18th September
- 28th September – 02nd October
- 12th October – 16th October
|Departure Location||Departure Time||Trip Duration|
|Guwahati||12:00 PM||4 Nights/5 Days|
Day 1: Guwahati Arrival | Guwahati to Cherrapunji
- The trip starts from Guwahati airport.
- Depart from Guwahati to Cherrapunjee
- Enjoy delicacies of North East at a decent restaurant on the way.
- Visit the very beautiful Umiam Lake.
- Reach Cherrapunjee by the evening. Get checked into hotels.
- Enjoy exquisite dining and get a good night’s sleep.
Day 2: Living roots bridge | Mawswami Caves
- Today is gonna be an adventurous day.
- Start with early morning breakfast at Cherrapunjee.
- Travel to Tyrna village. The start point of the trek to Living roots bridge.
- Trek down to Nongriat village and natural marvel of Living Roots bridge.
- Take a dip in the water pond under the waterfall at the living roots bridge.
- Trek back up and get on with the day to Mawsmai caves.
- Mawswami Caves might just make you ‘king under the mountain’.
- Enjoy the formidability of the caves. Get bedazzled by their grandeur.
- Get back to the hotel. Enjoy dinner and sleep overnight.
Day 3: Nohkalikai Falls | Mawlynnong | Shnongpdeng
- Wake Up to a beautiful morning in the hills.
- Visit the tallest plunge waterfall of India Nohkalikai Falls.
- Lunch at another Meghalayan wonder Mawlynnong, the cleanest village of Asia.
- Head to Shnongpdeng village located along the banks of Umngot River famous for it’s clean & crystal clear water.
- Overnight camping by the riverside & bonfire.
Day 4: Water Sports | Krang Suri Waterfall | Shillong
- After breakfast head for water activities.
- Try adventure activities like Kayaking, Zip Lining, Cliff Jumping etc.
- Lunch at Shnongpdeng Village.
- Head for Shillong and on the way, visit Krang Suri Falls.
- Visit the cafes’ around Shillong & head to the main market for some shopping.
- Overnight at a hotel in Shillong.
Day 5: Departure
- Post early breakfast, depart from Shillong.
- On the way visit Laitum Grand Canyon.
- Bid adieu as you drive back to Guwahati airport through mesmerizing landscapes.
- Reach Guwahati airport to catch your flight back.
- Reach home with a suitcase full of amazing memories and experience of exploring the offbeat location of such magnificence.
NOTE: Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of participants etc. May cause itinerary change. We reserve the rights to change any schedule in the interest of safety, comfort and general wellbeing.
Note: All the riders are required to wear a riding jacket(won’t be provided by us) at all the times they are riding the bike, else won’t be allowed to ride the bike.
- Entire travel as per the itinerary(by tempo traveler) for backpacking.option.
- Bike rent (Classic 350) for 5 days & fuel as per the itinerary for biking option.
- 4 nights accommodation – 2 Nights in Hotel at Cherrapunjee, 1 Night in Camps at Shnongpdeng & 1 Night in Hotel at Shillong on triple sharing basis
- Breakfast on Day2, Day3, Day4 & Day 5
- Entry fees to the sightseeing places mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guided trek to various points.
- Team Captain throughout the trip
- Medical Kit to handle emergency conditions
- Driver night charges, toll & parking charges
- All inner line permits
- GST (5%) is applicable extra.
- Any other food or beverage charges that are not included in the package.
- Any other costing involved due to any kind of natural calamity, forced circumstances, which are out of our control.
- Any other expense not mentioned in the inclusion column.
Note: INR 10,000/- needs to be submitted as security for the bike before the start of the trip. Any damage to the bike, except engine damage, has to be borne directly by the client.
Meghalaya backpacking I have travelled with wander on earlier as well bt this was my first long trip with them. Being solo was not a problem but I never imagined this trip will become the most beautiful and thrilling trip for me till date. The meghalaya backpacking journey was full of delight. Everything about this trip, destination, accomodatio n, itinerary, the group and most importantly the journey was perfect. I always wanted guitairst on one of my trips which i never had with wander on earlier thankfully that wish too got fulfilled. Our trip captain sandy, the guitarist and the nicest person... Read More
Hey sandy, thanks for making the Meghalaya trip one the most memorable ones..You are an awesome guitarist but more than that an awesome trip captain 🤠.Camping by the riverside,singing around the bonfire, cliff jumping , mesmerizing scenic beauties are some of the memories I’ll remember forever.A travel experience with a group of complete strangers turned out to be one of the best trips of my life.Would love to travel with you guys again 🙂#WanderOn
Meghalaya Backpacking My Meghalaya trip with WanderOn was simply awesome. The road trip through scenic view, discovering new places. The place where we stayed in cherapunjee was very beautiful having a hidden small stream and hike to explore on a morning walk, a very peaceful place with fresh air to breath and to watch the beautiful sunrise.I also enjoyed the jamming we did on every night where Sandeep would play guitar and sing and we would also sing along with him.We were a group of 10.We started as a bunch of strangers came to see Meghalaya solo and became family at... Read More
Amazing Meghalaya Experience Hey sandy, thanks for making the Meghalaya trip one the most memorable ones..You are an awesome guitarist but more than that an awesome trip captain .Camping by the riverside,singing around the bonfire, cliff jumping , mesmerizing scenic beauties are some of the memories I’ll remember forever.A travel experience with a group of complete strangers turned out to be one of the best trips of my life.Would love to travel with you guys again #WanderOn
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
Things to Carry
Gear and Extra:
• A rucksack bag and a day pack.
• 3-liter water bladder or water bottle
• A sun cap and a woolen cap
• UV protected sunglasses
• At least 1 pair of inner thermals
• One cotton long sleeves and 2 short sleeve t-shirt
• 1 flees jacket
• 1 heavy Thick jacket/down jacket
• 1 pair of gloves
• At least 2 long pants (trek pants and cargo pants are favorable)
• 4 sets of undergarments
• 2 pair of socks
• A small towel
• A rain jacket or a poncho
• Above-the-ankle waterproof and breathable hiking boots with good grip
• Flip flops/sandals
• One strip of Diamox
• Glucose powder
• medicines for headaches, diarrhea, motion and altitude sickness
• Sprain relief spray
• Crepe bandage
• Any personal medication advised by the doctor
Personal & accessories:
• Toothpaste, toothbrush
• Paper soap, or sanitizer
• Sunscreen minimum of spf40 , lip balm, cold creams
• Body spray
• Led torch light
Meghalaya- A Potpourri of Beauty & Culture
Confused about choosing your next travel destination? Wondering whether to go trekking in forests, or take a dip in blue lagoons or just relax by the beachside? What if we tell you there exists a magical land very much in India that offers all of these activities and many more without burning a hole in your pocket? Sounds dreamy, right? Well, pinch yourself to reality because WanderOn is taking you all the way to the abode of clouds with our Meghalaya tour package!
If there’s one word for Meghalaya, it is exotic. It is one of the gems of Northeast India. Don’t get us wrong if we say it is one of the most beautiful seven sisters! That is because Meghalaya is a potpourri of vivid landscapes. It is indeed God’s own garden with lush green mountains, mysterious caves, sparkling rivers, and some majestic waterfalls. Being the recipient of maximum rainfall, Meghalaya has every hue of green in its forests. It surely is a photographer’s paradise.
Richness of Culture
Home to the Khasi and Garo culture, Meghalaya boasts of its unique cuisines, vibrant clothing, and melodious folk music. Though it has a moderate climate round the year, the best time to visit Meghalaya is during autumn. It is then that the famous Wangala drum festival showcases the best of its culture.
Its capital Shillong, popularly known as ‘The Rock Capital of India’, has a peppy evening vibe. With scrumptious food and jamming sessions, the cafes at Shillong are so charming they would surely leave you wanting for more. Apart from cafes, there are a lot of places to visit in Shillong. The Umiam Lake, Elephant Falls, and evergreen forests are a few major attractions. There is no doubt as to why the British named Shillong as the Scotland of East.
Most Scenic Villages of Asia
Speaking of other places, the true essence of Meghalaya tourism lies in its villages. Here cleanliness is a culture that is practiced so dedicatedly, that the Village Mawlynnong is titled as the cleanest village of Asia! The Living Roots bridges at Nongriat Village are so mystical they seem to be straight out of some Peter Pan movie! Also, if you have seen those pictures of a slender boat over crystal clear waters then you already know what boating in Umngot River at Dawki Village looks like. But hey, only if looking at a picture was enough, we all would have traveled the world, right?
Since that is far from being possible, you need to pack your bags and get ready to unravel the hidden beauty of NorthEast India with Wanderon’s Meghalaya tour package.
Explore With WanderOn
Whether you are a bunch of friends or you move solo, Wanderon always takes care of your needs while designing the itinerary and Meghalaya Chapter is no different. We’ve curated the best Meghalaya tour itinerary so that you can enjoy every aspect of this beautiful place. All this and more at super affordable prices!
So don’t just sit there thinking because we can already hear the abode of clouds calling! Join WanderOn’s next Meghalaya batch and become a part of India’s coolest travel community!